Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Tuttobene's Pizzeria

Tuttobene's Pizzeria

By far and away my favorite pizza near LIC where I live. Now if you live near me by the water. We have Bella Via Restaurant, San Remo Pizza, Testaccio, Manducatis Rustica, Masso, Juniors Cafe and lastly Food Cellar which imo is the best value in the neighborhood. As for quality I like Testaccio the best, but again a little more pricy then I would go w/ Bella Via. That said I am a pizza lover. I mean who isn't. My family is from Brooklyn. I grew up in VA and no good pizza to speak of there when I was growing up. I went to Syracuse University where I first had a true thin crust NY pie. Since, then I have eaten at about every NY pizzeria that in note worthy. Grimaldi's Artichoke pizzeria, Otto pizzeria, my favorite is Crunch on 2nd ave and 52nd street.

Anyways. I got home from out of town late Sunday night. We drive BQE through Greenpoint to LIC. We passed Tuttobene's, I called said we live right over the bridge would you please deliver us a half sausage half cheese pie w/ an order of buffalo wings. They thought about it then. Bam, they gave in to my charm and said they would be right over. Sorry, I have no pictures of this meal. My wife and I were starving and ate it for a late afternoon meal then finished it off for dinner. For $24 pie and wings that was a good deal. They came quick and was very good if not the best delivery pizza I've had in LIC over the last 10-12months. So, on Monday I decided to give it a shot again. I wanted to go for a walk. I mapped it out about a half a mile further then walking to Momo Ps1 or same distance to Citi building. Around 1 mile walk not bad, you get some exercise there and back after you eat a pie to yourself, lol.

It was well worth it! I saw the guy making a white pizza w/ Ham looked so good I said "I'll have whatever that person ordered". I sat down nice server offered me a drink. The soda cans are only $1 and lunch specials for personal pies are $6.99 w/ $1 per topping. Ended up being the best damn $10 lunch I had in a while. I also ordered side of Balsamic Vinegar. I dip my pizza in it, goes great w/ White pie, trust me.


They use Oak wood at around 800 degrees



Couple things I do want to mention. Delivery not as good as when I sat down and ate it. So in the future if I am planning on driving by I will pick it up myself.

#2 place had some flys in there when I sat down. Which to some ppl can be annoying. it was quiet lots of orders being made and only 2 ppl in the place. I would just suggest to management try to keep it a little cleaner for those who want to sit down and relax to enjoy the meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment